Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmas - Filipino Style

I know, that most of you are thinking, isn't kind of early to be blogging about Christmas ? No it's not ! Why would it be? Please remember that I'm filipina. Typically filipinos start celebrating Christmas in September. They don't stop celebrating till after the first week of January . That's like 5 MONTHS OF CHRISTMAS ! haha.


I love it though because I was watching the Filipino Channel [[Yes, I understand Tagalog]] and they started counting how many more days there were till Christmas on the first day of September. I was like "Mom why are they counting down already?" My mom told me that they always do. At first I was like "Wow that is such a long time!" But then I realized that they probably celebrate it so long so that it can be more time with the family. See filipinos pretty much love spending their free time with their families. Our priorities are; God, Family, School, Friends, Etc. My family believes in the saying "Friends come and go, but families are forever".

I love Christmas, not just because I get presents and stuff but because I get to see alot my family members that I don't normally see during the year. It's a time of year to give thanks to all the things I have. Even though Christmas is celebrated for such a long time, it has it's reasons why it should be. No matter what, I want to celebrate my Christmas on September 1- the end of the last week of January. I want to keep that Filipino tradition going on.



New blog soon ;D
-April Maii <333

No comments: